CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Mermaid – Part 2

I left off with the tail drying…needless to say, the paper mache process continued until there were 4-5 layers! This left me with this:

IMG_0001-2Then, I started decorating her.  I started with the tail.  I used the same paper mache technique to complete the bottom of the tail with pink tissue paper. Then, I cut circles from three colors of tissue paper to use for the scales.  They were glued on one by one until I had this!

IMG_0009-2IMG_0010 (2)IMG_0024-2Then I was onto the hair!  Lots and lots of curly yellow hair…the princess requested curly [made my job a little harder].

IMG_0027-2  And then the face…don’t absolutely love the face, but it is what it is!

IMG_0026-2IMG_0028-2

No comments:

Post a Comment