CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So Many Projects

I am in over my head right now with crafty projects…all in preparation for my little princess’s 3rd birthday.  In an effort to pull off an amazing party on a shoestring budget this year, I am making just about everything.

First, I had the brilliant idea to make pool wraps as the party favor…and I have to pull this one off on a budget of no more than $5-6 dollars per wrap!  And even scarier, this means that I have to sew…I have never sewn.  But, I got out the machine my grandmother gave me over a year ago and figure out how to thread the bobbin and then the machine!  And I am well on my way to getting these things done!  They aren’t perfect, but I can guarantee they will hold up.  Here’s a teaser of one of the girlie colored ones…not completely finished, but you can at least get the idea.  They still need to be embellished [I promise to post pics of the finished one eventually!].

Wrap2Amelia Models WrapAnd, after pricing cakes at all the local bakeries I have used in the past, I have decided to make the cake this year.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I do NOT bake and I do as little as possible in the kitchen.  I have enlisted the help of a dear friend who happens to be an excellent baker [actually does it for a living]…and the best part, I get to use her amazing kitchen!  There is no way I could pull it off in my galley kitchen with virtually no counter top space!  Here is the sketch I drew of the cake I have envisioned!

cake - sketchI ordered the fondant decorations from a designer on Etsy and a cake supply store on the internet.  I will have to make the fondant octopus by myself.  The frosting for the cake will be butter cream [homemade] and the mermaid will be a Barbie [still have to find the perfect one!

And because that isn’t enough, and I am so into photography, I am making an octopus stand in inspired by this one here so that I can take adorable photos of all the little ones on the big day.  It will double for the bean bag toss game!  Hopefully mine will look as good as this one:

octopusI am sure there is something I am forgetting…but as you can see, I am busy crafting [but no time for the scrapbooks lately! – but I do have 16 Disney layouts to photograph and post – coming soon I promise].

No comments:

Post a Comment