CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Octopus Stand-In

Once it was determined that the princess party…which morphed into a Little Mermaid party…which then morphed into an “Under the Sea” party, I stalking internet sites for ideas. And I knew when I saw this, that we had to have it:

octopus Then I saw the price!!!Holy Moly…this is one expensive piece of cardboard! Some sites had it for as much as $50…and even though I found it for as low as $29.99, I still was not going to pay for it!

So, a dishwasher box morphed into my version of the octopus stand-in late last night. I finished it today [how’s that for a 4th of July project!]. The final touch won’t be added until the morning of the party [the brown part at the bottom will be “hidden” with ocean bottom [crumpled tissue paper & hot glue].

Here are a few photos:IMG_0026-2Just getting started.

IMG_0029-2 After adding the rest of the sea creatures.

IMG_0026-2 (2) After adding the seaweed and the bubbles. Isn’t my husband a sport?

No comments:

Post a Comment