CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Finished Wrap – Part 2

The plan for the boy’s wraps was to line the edge with orange ribbon [like seen on the girl’s wrap]…but I got some “weird” looks from moms of boys…so the brainstorming started.

I decided to skip the initial ribbon idea [even though I have 5 yards of beautiful grograin ribbon thanks to a friend] and create an appliqué to apply to the wrap. 

Here’s the appliqué that I made by hand…

AppliqueI cut the pieces from two layers of felt.  Then hand stitched the eyes, mouth, and other details. [I apologize for photo quality…this one was taken on my phone].

The Steam-a-Seam came in super handy again.  I put it on the back of the starfish, ironed it to the towel….voila…no need for pins as I set out to accomplish my very first appliqué.

And this is how they turned out…not bad for the first time sewing virgin!

IMG_0026Now with the most ambitious birthday party project completely finished and cleaned up [It was a little sad to put the sewing machine away], it’s on to the other smaller details.

No comments:

Post a Comment